Textile Engineering (TE)
B.Sc. in Textile Engineering The large and
expanding textile and apparel industry in Bangladesh has been placing an
increasing demand of highly skilled manpower that is creating a lot of job
opportunities. There are demands for textile graduates in other areas of
economic activities also. With the aim to meet this demand and strengthen the
technological base of the industry, National Institute of Textile Engineering
and Research (NITER); the first Public-Private Partnership education and
research institute in Bangladesh is offering B.Sc. in Textile Engineering
Course. NITER is dedicated to provide affordable and accessible high quality
education that can be best described as a "Centre of excellence".
- Epyllion, NITER team up for ‘Road to Corporat... 28-Feb-2023
- Purbani Group and NITER sign an MoU to achiev... 28-Feb-2023
No Event Found
Technology is changing swiftly. Once we used manual processes in Apparel Manufacturing which now have been replaced with modern technologies. New generation now uses customized software for Fashion Design, Virtual Modeling, Garments CAD for Pattern and Marker Development and Robotic Spreader and Cutter.
Wet processing laboratories are equipped with a wide range of dyeing, printing and finishing machines including Infrared dyeing machine, Package dyeing machine, High temperature dyeing machine, Soft flow Jet, Winch, Pressure Jig, Hank dyeing and Screen printing machine. In addition, various training programs including pretreatment, dyeing & finishing are conducted in this laboratory on regular basis.
Yarn Manufacturing Engineering Dept. provides theoretical education of latest technology as well as industry oriented practical knowledge. Ours yarn manufacturing lab is the largest lab of NITER which is well equipped with industry scale full production length machineries. We have production oriented blow room line from Automatic Bale Opener to both modern Chute-feed as well as conventional Scutcher machine which is followed by Trutzschler Card, Rieter Draw-frame, Lap-former, Comber, Simplex and Ring-frame of Chinese brand. Final package is delivered by Savio (Orion) Autoconer with Loepfe electronic yarn clearer. We have also modern OE Rotor spinning machine and maintenance machineries and equipment.
In the lab, there is weaving machine to produce sample as well as industrial scale machineries like Tappet, Dobby, Jacquard loom for different types of shedding and air jet, projectile, rapier loom for introducing different types of picking. Print winding machine are available to produce pirn for the loom. Weaving CAD facilities is available for the students to become familiar with today’s rapid changing textile design and manufacturing world.
Presently 2 types of services are available in NITER
- Regular Services usually take 6-7 working days after receipt of samples, subjects to the test required & volume of samples. Sub contract tests take 13-14 working days after receipt of samples.
- Emergency Services are available for some tests at a surcharge of 50% & results are usually available within 72-96 hours after receipt of samples, subjects to the test required & volume of samples.
3 testing rooms:
- Uster Room [Uster 4, Uster Classimat, Uster Auto Sorter]
- Physical Room [Tensile & Tear Strength testing machine, Spectrophotometer, Lea strength Tester, Single Yarn Strength Tester, Trash Analyzer, Advance Fiber Information System (aQura), Tensomaxx, Seam Slippage Tester]
- Chemical Room [Perspirometer, Gyrowash, Washing Machine, Microscope, Crockmeter]