Center for Research and Industrial Relation (CRIR) Wing
Center for Research and Industrial Relation (CRIR) wing is as an autonomous wing of National Institute of Textile Engineering and Research (NITER) which is working for the betterment of this Institution. The wing has been initiated on 15 March 2014 named as “Research and Development (R&D)” wing and renamed as Center for Research and Industrial Relation wing on 26.02.2015. Afterwards, the wing has taken various initiatives e.g. research project, seminar, workshop, exhibition, textile based competition. The wing runs on the basis of four following categories:
- a) Academic Research
- b) Non-academic Research
- c) Industrial Relations and Others
- d) Training & Development
a) Academic Research: Under academic research category, the projects of undergraduate students are coordinated which is an essential part of B.Sc. in Textile Engineering course.
b) Non-academic Research: The task of non-academic research is to do various contemporary research works with the help of domestic and foreign collaboration. After establishing, various research projects has been taken. Among them some are mentioned here:
1. Banana Fibre Project: “Banana Fibre Project” has been done
under the financial aid of UNIDO. The aim of With joint collaboration of “Probortana”
this project is to extraction of banana fibe and
its application in various fields including fabric
manufacturing. The research team of CRIR wing
had successfully extract the banana fibre of
different quality and manufacture fabric in its own workshop. Advance research on Banana fibre is going on which is intended to reduction of resiliency of Banana fibre and increasing its flexibility.
2. Banana Fibre Extraction Plant Installation:
Research team of CRIR wing successfully installed a
Banana Fiber Extraction Plant at Tangail for Bangladesh
Women Chamber of Commerce and Industries (BWCCI).
Several Booklets and manuscript had been made by the
CRIR wing Team on Banana fiber and its extraction.
The booklets has been transferred to BWCCI.
3.Exhibition, Publication, Workshop: CRIR wing arranged a very successful “Mini research exhibition” within it’s a short tenure after establishing. In this exhibition students of NITER displayed various machine model and different particulars related to textile, fashion, apparel etc. A design book on this exhibition is going to be published within a short time.
c) Industrial Relations and Others: Frequent industrial tours for the students are arranged by the wing. So far CRIR has completed more than 20 industrial tours. In addition to it, the wing has also a strong team for Industrial Troubleshooting. Recently the wing has solved several problem in Fabric finishing in GTS sportswear Ltd.
d) Training and Developments:
1. Certificate course on ETP: With the collaboration of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), CRIR wing successfully continuing
a program entitled “Certificate Course on Maintenance and
Operation of Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP).
2. Seminars and Symposiums: The CRIR wing has successfully arranged various seminars on recent issues on textile science and engineering. Recently a representative team of Microfibre group have done a seminar in NITER. Later on, another seminar is being arranged led by Country Director, ASUTEX group.
3. Skill for Employment & Investment project (SEIP) : NITER with association of BTMA has taken a 3(three) years plan to implement “Skill for Employment & Investment project” for the employment seeking unskilled manpower with financial assistance of Asian Development Bank(ADB). The project will be implemented in 3 years beginning from Jan 2015. All 30960 persons will be trained under this project. Such training will be given in 32 different disciplines of Spinning, Weaving & Processing to the different level Management staffs of member mills. The Project will be supervised by the Ministry of Finance.