Yes, You are now at your turning point and you are going to make a decision which is perhaps the most important in your life. Making an unwise decision will result in regretting throughout the rest of your life. So we thought we should help you with key facts so that you can identify the elements of an ideal education institute.
If you have already made up your mind to study Textile Engineering, then you need to look for the following elements in your target institute.
- Certificate: It will take only four years from your life to complete the graduation after which you will get a certificate. Yes, this is the certificate, your primary qualification stamp around which you nourish sweet dreams about how you will adorn your remaining life. So be careful about your certificate awarding body. Think how widely it is accepted and how much happy your future employer will be with it. The harder it is to gain, the higher is its evaluation.
- Full Time Faculty Members: Try to have a guess on how much your target institute relies on Part Time Faculty Members or how regular the class schedule is. You may not wish to choose an institute which mostly relies on Part Time Faculty Members. It is important because otherwise you will have to grasp something without realizing its taste.
- Campus: Your campus should have some space and some green so that you can have a breath along with your very busy class schedule. You may not realize it now but it is very important. It will nourish your soft characters which will help you being more humane than being robot. You necessarily may also use the word “Green” to explain your security and smoothness in the campus so that your guardians can rest assured.
- Academic Environment: To evaluate an institute we generally seek to know how many students secured GPA 5 (let for HSC). We forget to ask how many students failed and did the institute have nothing to do with those failed students? We believe, a college making 80% of its students secure GPA 4.00 and no GPA 5.00 is better than a college making 10% of its student secure GPA 5.00 and 30% of its student fail.
We know you are waiting for a life free of family care where you can do what you like. Very good and really it is enjoyable! But you may not realize that this early enjoyment is just making you ready for longer sufferings.
An ideal education institute will always keep an eye on its every student; will make sure that the guardians are not wasting their hard earned money. So the campus will be free from unwanted activities, discourage unwanted involvement but encourage constructive works through the full administrative control and keep you ready to receive awards or punishment you are worth of.
- Laboratory: We are talking about Textile Engineering Campus right? Now if your Academic Environment is ok, then the most important thing you should have a look for is its laboratory. Be careful, not a gorgeous ultra-modern building; it is laboratory because Textile Engineering is not a theoretical course. The laboratory should not have some dummy things but should have all necessary equipment that would make you confident in your track because it is just tomorrow you are going to give decisions to your subordinates in the factory.
- Location and Industrial Linkage: What would be better – living in capital city or living in a remote area? The answer depends on your future job field. A campus within a short distance from your future job field is better for you. It will facilitate you with frequent industrial visit, getting easy with your job field. It will make the arrangement of Industrial Attachment easier and known which you will undergo very soon.
If your campus is good enough, it must have very close relation with application field that is for Textile Engineering it must have intimacy with Textile Industries. Living in a marvelous city won’t help you a penny if it is not within easy access of industries.
- Academic Fees: Hey! Does it need to be explained? Just try to figure out how much commercial your campus is. Does it believe in penny makes pound, so collect every penny and hence plays some hide and seek in the explanation of academic fees? An Ideal Institute will make you and your guardian understand every "IF" before you get admission.
Have we missed anything that you believe as the primary quality for an ideal education institute at your level? You have built in email system on our home page. Let us know your thoughts so that we can try to be one of the IDEAL INSTITUTES.
Published: 16 September 2014