To increase the merit competition and assist those who would perform better with some support, NITER has approved a generous scholarship scheme. The award will be offered in each September in a prescribed format.
- Main Criteria:
- The fund will be distributed in two forms:
- Merit Scholarship and
- Financial Aid to needy but meritorious students.
- Students will be awarded Merit Scholarship and Financial Aid for each academic year.
- For each year, 50% of the approved fund will be awarded as Merit Scholarship and another 50% will be awarded as Financial Aid.
- Merit Scholarship will be awarded solely on CGPA secured to date. In case of multiple students with equal CGPA then sorting criteria will be sequentially as:
- Class Attendance
- Current year In-course Assessment.
- Latest year GPA
- In case of First year, Merit Position secured in Admission Test will be considered as the basis of the selection.
- For Financial Aid, suitable candidates will be selected by an assessment of 100 marks where 50 marks will be assigned on merit performance (CGPA or Admission Test Score) and 50 marks will be assigned on financial condition.
- Primary eligibility for a student to apply for above schemes:
A student must fulfill the following criteria to apply or to be considered for this scholarship scheme
- His/her CGPA is not less than 3.0 (not applicable to First Year Students).
- His/her Class Attendance of running year is not less than 75%.
- He/she is not undergoing any retake Course or any retake Final Examination in running year.
- He/she has not applied for or is not receiving or being considered to receive any other financial benefit from NITER.
- He/she has not received any kind of punishment from Academic Council in his/her academic life in NITER.
You need to apply in the prescribed form. Download the application form from this page.
Published: 28 August 2014